Because I am writing my mid-year reflection for the district's teacher evaluation program, I wondered how my time was distributed. Since I'd been documenting this anyway, I measured it. Literally.
I broke my tasks into five categories.
- Co-teaching (either collaborative instructional planning time or co-teaching classes)
- Makerspace management
- Helping students (virtually or face-to-face)
- Reader's advisory
- Library administration (ordering, troubleshooting, cataloging, etc.)
- Teacher evaluation (explaining what we do)
Then I calculated how many periods I spent doing each one over the course of 10 school days, and broke that down into percentages. Here's what it looks like.
If you want to see more, I updated our Twitter archive in Storify, and our photo uploads in our library's Flickr album. I still haven't quite figured out how to best use our Instagram account. I am thinking of using it to showcase our students' makerspace creations. Our Buffer experiment was a success. We are now scheduling our posts to hit our Google+, Twitter, and Facebook accounts simultaneously along with my personal Twitter account, and I suppose this is a warning to those who follow both me and the school on Twitter that there will be lots of duplicate posts.