Friday, February 5, 2016

Day in the Life of a Library Program

This is just a quick follow-up to last week's post about sharing more. I got through another week of documenting A Day in the Life of a Library Program, and I uploaded those documents to Tumblr. They look like this:

Because I am writing my mid-year reflection for the district's teacher evaluation program, I wondered how my time was distributed. Since I'd been documenting this anyway, I measured it. Literally.


I broke my tasks into five categories.
  • Co-teaching (either collaborative instructional planning time or co-teaching classes)
  • Makerspace management
  • Helping students (virtually or face-to-face)
  • Reader's advisory
  • Library administration (ordering, troubleshooting, cataloging, etc.)
  • Teacher evaluation (explaining what we do)
Then I calculated how many periods I spent doing each one over the course of 10 school days, and broke that down into percentages. Here's what it looks like. 


If you want to see more, I updated our Twitter archive in Storify, and our photo uploads in our library's Flickr album. I still haven't quite figured out how to best use our Instagram account. I am thinking of using it to showcase our students' makerspace creations. Our Buffer experiment was a success. We are now scheduling our posts to hit our Google+Twitter, and Facebook accounts simultaneously along with my personal Twitter account, and I suppose this is a warning to those who follow both me and the school on Twitter that there will be lots of duplicate posts.

8 comments:

  1. GoAssignmentHelp is a company that provides tremendous academic writing services which is the best in the market if talk about the students and the companies that are responsible for giving the best assignment help with the on-time delivery which is very important to keep as well as to serve to the people in the most amazing ways like there are a lot of things which are free with the assignments and that is the USP of any assignment help company in Australia and as well as another part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed by the quality of your work. Thanks for sharing so much information on your site. Do you know how to measure click-through rates properly? You can calculate your click speed with several Android apps. See my blog for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In this blog you upload such a great document. I really love it. I hope you will share more documents like this. Now it's time to avail limo service west palm beach for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The document you shared in this blog is really outstanding. You done very nice work in this blog. I am very happy to read this article. Read more https://www.greatytene.com/shopfitters-in-birmingham-can-help-you-grow-your-business-quickly/.


    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great article is shared by us. I am very impressed by your hardworking, and truly appreciate it. You shared a very nice document. Thanks for sharing with us. Now its time to avail Limo service West Palm Beach for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "How i brake my task in 5 categorise" This topic in this blog is more interesting to me because it help me to save my time by managing activities of y life.Thanks for share your thoughts. Now its time to avail party bus dc for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a great article. I love to read books. Day in the life of a library program is such an outstanding article. Thankyou for sharing with us. Now its time to avail Best Towing Services in Lutz FL for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Library reading books make human mind fresh. I also like to read books and go to library. So this article is very helpful for me. Thankyou for sharing. Now its time to avail Best 10 seat minibus hire in Dartford for more information.

    ReplyDelete